Monday, April 27, 2009

Update.

Gavin is 5 lbs 8 oz today and doing a tiny bit better. All of his feeding except his 930 one were not the best. He is still desating and they are having to up his o2 flow and put the little mask on his face to get him breathing again. They did do some suctioning on him last night and his airway was clear of "boogies", so it was not that. They were able to talk to the doctor and he is not to concerned, considering that Gavin is still only 34.5 weeks and typically babies don't really start feeding like he has till about 36 weeks, so they of course are keeping a good eye on him. He still is loosing color but they are there to help him out of it and I guess it is helping me learn what to watch for, I can see his numbers dropping but now I know when his color is not good and what to do. We are required to take a CPR class before we can take him home. I will be glad to know CPR just hope I never have to use it on any of my babies. My momma went up with me on his feedings so she was able to see what he was doing. She held him and as soon as the machine went off, she was ready to throw him back at me. He scared his Grandma. I'm so glad to have my Mom and Mother-in-law so close to me and grateful that they are wanting and willing to take the CPR class as well. I love my family and I am still so thankful to them for all they have done and are still willing to do for us. Love you all.

No comments: