Sunday, April 19, 2009

Update

Gavin is 4 lbs 11 oz and 17.75 in today. He is still in the isolet and still stops breathing when he is feeding. His heart rate and oxygen levels have dropped drastically over the past few days when I or Chris are holding him. He gets too comfortable in our arms and forgets to breath. He is still stinky as ever and the nurses love it!! he he. I've told him to get all of that stink out now, cause I won't be able to handle two price boys in the house. They upped his feeding to 39cc, which is 1 oz and 9cc. They also had to start him on caffine because of his heart rate dropping, I guess it stimulates him and gets his heart rate to beat like it is supposed to. You can tell he likes it, in some of these pictures he was wide awake. Maybe he will like Diet coke like his mama. In the picture above my finger is as long as his head, just so you can imagine how little.


Mommy getting me back to sleep before she leaves.



Look at me, I like Caffine.



Hi my Daddy.






3 comments:

Webster Family said...

What a sweet little stinker!!! I was really weird and I Loved the smell of Michaella's poop! :) The breastmilk made it smell sweet! :) Have you been able to pump? or will he have to be fed formula? Is he getting donated Breastmilk?
I love how you can talk "boobs" when it comes to babies and it's no big deal.

Rachael said...

Ya i am pumping what i can. I'm starting to run out so they gave me a prescription to help get more milk. They are formula feeding as well when I don't have enough milk and to get more calories and vitamins.

~Ali~ said...

He is looking good! Don't you hate leaving them there?? Ugh...that just breaks my heart! I hope you guys are hanging in! I think about ya all the time!