Saturday, April 25, 2009

1 month old.

Our little boy is doing remarkably well. He is now 5 lbs 5.5 oz. Today Gavin is a month old and for his month birthday he decided that he wanted to get his feeding tube out and be able to bottle feed every feeding, so guess what, he got what he wanted!! They took out his feeding tube at around 2 today and he is bottle feeding every 3 hours. His next step is to wake up on his own and let the nurses know he is hungary, and then if he does all this very well they can't see why he won't be home in about a week for sure no more than 2 weeks. Babies have done so well so fast and relapsed and we are so hoping that will not be him. I really would love to have my boy home by Mother's day. I have taken pictures of him bottle feeding and a few with him with out his feeding tube, so I will post those soon. As for other news in the fam.

Olivia is recovering good from her stitches and has a nice scab over it. She did however decide to pull a figurine on top of it and re-cut it open as well as slice her nose, luckily no stitches were needed for that. Madalyn is still wondering when her brother is going to come home and when she can hold him and feed him. She is almost done with preschool and I know she is excited for that. I think she needs a summer break. She is excited to have a dance recital coming up so she can wear her tinkerbell costume.

My brother Adam proposed to his girlfriend on Thursday and that was an exciting shocker. None of us had a clue. We are so excited for her to officially be a Spicer.
My Sister Saralyn is graduating on May 4th with her Masters, she has worked extremely hard on this and I am so proud of her.

1 comment:

Team Carter Jay said...

Look at Gavin go! I'm so glad that he's doing well, and has gained weight so fast. He needs to give some tips to Carter lol!