Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big Boy!!!

Gavin had hos first bottle feeding last night and did not do so well. He was able to get 14cc down, which is good they said for his first time, but he just kept forgetting to breath. So after the 3rd time of his D-sating the nurse decided that he was not ready for it. So today I was not sure if they were going to let him try but when I got up there for him 11 am feeding they decided to let him try. He started off sucking fast and I was worried that he would forget to breath again but he did, he slowly caught his breath and finished the entire 47cc. Since he did so good this morning they would let him try again at his 8 pm feeding and yet again he gulped down the entire bottle and still remembered to breath. Yeah!!! As of tonight he weighed 4 ls 15 oz. They were going to weigh him after his feeding so I'm hoping he has made it to 5 lbs.

And I guess if anyone still cares about me.(just kidding he he!) I am doing much better, i still have people telling me I look pale but I feel like I'm doing so much better. I am going to start doing hair again this week. My Dr. wants me to start slow still because it has only been 4 weeks and my body will still take alot more time to recover.

1 comment:

Team Carter Jay said...

Yay for Gavin! He's cruisin' along isn't he! Keep it up little buddy.