Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tests, tests, and more tests.

Well we found out that Gavin has a heart murmur:( They are going to keep an eye on it and hope he will grow out of it and close on it own. They are running a test on his as we speak, don't know the "big" word for it but basically they stick a tube down his throat for 12 hours and check the Ph in him and check for how much acid reflux he has. It seems to be a simple procedure but anything on my little guy worries me. He is still 5lbs 8 oz today and is now 19 inches long. He is however doing much better on not having his little "episodes" as much, well of course not for anyone but Mommy. They did change his blender(oxygen) and every since they did that, he seems to be on the up hill again. They also ordered another head ultrasound to see if his head is still growing the way it should. Our little guy is still growing so good and we are so proud of him and can't wait to bring him home. Although i will miss the nurses and the "safety" I feel having while he is in there I am ready to have him home and start our crazy life again.

Chris and I are going to Wendover for the night tomorrow just for a quick getaway before Gavin comes home because we know it will be a LONG time before we get to do that again. We are taking off after our CPR class tomorrow. I al excited to get away for a bit but I will miss my babies like crazy. Thanks to my Mother-in-law for taking the girls. I may not have time to update tomorrow but I will when we get back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Rach. What a brave girl you are. You are enduring many trials so well! You and your sweet family are in our prayers.

Tay&J said...

YAY! all that sound fantastic! And yay for your get away! There fun and it will be good! :)

Team Carter Jay said...

It sounds like he's doing great! I think it's a great idea for a little mini-vacation. Win a million!