Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wednesday

Gavin is so close to coming home. If all goes well today they will let him come home on Wednesday. He was circumcised last night. Poor thing. The nurse said he did really well and did not cry. If he gets to come home on Wed., we will have a sleepover at the hospital tonight. They call it a "room in". He will be coming home on Caffeine for sure and possible oxygen so they will be sending him home on an apnea monitor, when we sleep over they will be teaching us all about the machines and what to watch for and listen for. I am so excited but so nervous, sometimes I feel like a first time mom and I hate that because I think I should know all this stuff, I have taken care of 2 other babies. But I know things are a little different this time, but still. I never imagined that we would have a boy and all the circumstances surrounded by his birth but I can truly say that the love I have for him and for my 3 girls is more than I ever thought possible. I don't know what I would do with out any of my kids in my life. I know my Chloe was watching over me and her little brother that day and I hate that she can not be with us now, but I know she is the reason we are both still here. I miss you baby girl and thank you for protecting your brother. Now all you have to do is keep your mommy "sane" for the next 18 years. Once we have Gavin home and settled I will try to keep you updated on him being home.

1 comment:

Andie said...

We are always just a call away, if you need anything. We're your family too, so don't hesitate if you need our help. Congrats!