Friday, May 1, 2009

Update and pics of Gavin


OMG!!(gosh) Isn't he edible?

Oh no, get back here.

Oh Mommy, I'm so tired.


All nice and bundled after my bath.
Hurry bundle me up!!

Need I say anything??? Precious.

Mommy getting my bath ready.

Gavin is 5lbs 11 oz today. He is doing so good and was able to have his oxygen tube out as of 8am this morning. Oh my gosh I was so excited to finally see my baby's face with out all the tubes. He more handsome than I ever thought. He had some tests done and it looks like everything came out good. We are still trying to get the hang of breast feeding but he did really good tonight for a while and then got too tired and started getting frustrated so we went to the bottle. They did the numogram 2 nights ago and decided to switch the formula he was having to an acid reducing one to help with the acid reflux and it seems to help, although he love the breast milk this is helping with the acid. I was able to give him a bath tonight(my first time) and he seemed to like it. He still has his leads on so it was still a littel awkward bathing him with those on his chest but I think we did alright. Our little guy is well on his way to coming home. Things will be very hectic and crazy for a few weeks after he is home because the Doctors and Nurses recommend not taking him out anywhere, so if you want to see him you will have to come to the house. If you or your kids are sick we will have to ask that you wait to see him till things are better. I know this will be hard on all of us, but we know that in order to protect him from getting sick we will have to miss out on alot of things and Chris and I will have to take turns going to events. It will be ok and we will do what we need to. He is a blessing and is meant to be here.

2 comments:

Team Carter Jay said...

Yay for Gavin! I love that you can see his face now. I hope he comes home soon!

Nate and Holly said...

Oh he is going to look so cute in the outfit I got him today. I just want to eat him! :)