Friday, May 22, 2009

Update

I wanted to post a quick update on Gavin. He is doing better, They have been weening him down off the ventilator slowly. He is just a few more steps from having the tube removed, were hoping by Sunday. He has not had any scary episodes lately, thanks goodness. He is still on some sedation meds and pain meds. He seems so far to be tolerating all the changes as of this morning. They did another chest x-ray this morning as well and they are still not happy with the results, they are expecting bigger changes because he is looking a ton better. He still has alot of secretions and gunk on his right upper lobe. He is trying to be more alert. I posted a ton of pictures yesterday to show the progress that has happened so far. We wanted to thank everyone who has keeped our little guy in their prayers, they have truly helped. He is showing great improvements in the right direction. Keep praying for us and I will update as soon as things change. Love you all.

4 comments:

Rinda Thompson said...

We are so glad to hear that Gavin is doing some better. We are keeping him and you in prayers everyday. He is a very special little guy and we wish only the best for all of you.

Darrel and Rinda Thompson

Coleen said...

Our prayers are with you all, too! Here's hoping he improves rapidly!

Unknown said...

Rach- I cant believe how strong you are as I sit here with tears streaming down my face. Im so sorry he has had to go through all of this. What a strong baby you have. You are in our prayers day and night.
P.S. Take a radio to the hospital and play some soft music or primary songs all the time to him. I promise it will help him relax! Love ya!

Rachael said...

Ya we have a Sassy baby music player going quite often. Thanks for the prayers. I don't want to be strong anymore if my children are the ones who test that. I don't like seeing my babies suffer.