Monday, May 18, 2009

Gavin's update as of right now.



Well what a day. It at first seemed that nothing had changed from last night to today. The doctors had told us that they were going to change his pain meds to Morphine so they wouldn't have to dose him every few minutes. So at about 11 I decided to go home-(this is Chris by-the-way)- to get some things like clean clothes and stuff. Well as I was getting ready to come back up Rach called me and told me that they had to do chest compressions on him. Apperantly when they gave him his new meds he clamped up and wasn't getting any air. Not cool... So I hit about mach 9 to get back to the hospital. I can't tell you how slow people can be when you REALY need to get somewhere in a hurry. I also can't tell you how many people I gave the bird to on the way to Primary's. When I finally got here they had to do chest compressions and Rach was/is a mess. As of right now they have him more cumfortable and he is doing just fine. His infection from what the doctors is telling us is accutally getting better. He's just going to be a little more "high maintenance" as one doctor put it. Here are a few pictures I just took of the poor little guy. Keep us in your prayers they are appreciated..

4 comments:

Andie said...

Wow. What a day. The pics are all too familiar. Just know that he is the best place possible (I know I keep saying it, but its because its true), and they will take very good care of him. I know everything will turn out great. We love you guys. Please let us know what you need.

Brittany said...

Keep up everything you do. Gavin was born into a strong, wonderful family. Keep fighting for him. He will pull through. I know it.

The Bender Family said...

Wow. There are no words! I'm so sorry for you guys and we're thinking of you and praying that little Gavin can pull through this quickly! I've never been through what you've been through with him in the hospital, but I can only imagine the anxiety, worry and heartache you have.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, you guys have been through so much with your little guy! I am guessing you are in PICU? They really do a good job, I hope you and little Gavin are feeling a little better today. When he is extubated he will probably come out to my unit, infant med/surg, I'll watch for you. We'll keep your family in our prayers.