Monday, May 25, 2009

2 months old!!

Wow I can't believe that Gavin is 2 months today. I just hate that he has to spend it in the hospital. Gavin is doing a ton better. He was extubated yesterday and seems to be tolerating it quite well. He is on high flow oxygen and they are planning to slowly ween him down a bit. I guess they would like him to be around 4 liters to go to the 4th floor which is the infant floor for the rest of his recovery. We have no idea how long he will have to be there but we are hoping for no longer than a week. My birthday is on Sunday and that would be the best birthday gift EVER!! We have been able to hold him for a bit here and there. My arms have ached to hold him so when I was able to yesterday it was AMAZING and very EMOTIONAL. I held him right after they took the tube out so he was extremely ticked off. I think he needed his mama to hold him too cause he calmed right down. We have had to move rooms twice because more serious traumas have come in and they said thats a good sign. So right now we are just waiting. We think that if he does not make it upstairs today for sure by tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the whole extubating process. Thank you to all for the prayers, for my family for helping with the girls and to our Mom's for taking the girls over night for the past week. We don't know what we would do without them.

2 comments:

Laura said...

YEAH!! I am so glad he is doing better. I work tomorrow night so hopefully I will see you. You can request to have me as your tech if you would like. Otherwise I will stop over and see you. Good luck today!

Grams said...

Rach and Chris-- he looks better. Do hope Gavin can keep it up. Love you all Grams