Saturday, July 11, 2009

3 month check-up, and visitors.

We went to Gavin's 3 month check-up on Thursday. He is 10lbs 12 oz, he is still growing good but below average of course. His head is the closest to average, his Dr. says that hopefully by 12 month he will be average on the charts. His check-up went well other than finding out that he will need PT(physical therapy), He has Torticollis and Plagiocephaly which is basically a stiff neck that is making his head flat on the right side. He cannot keep his head to the left without someone holding it there, if you turn his body to the left his head rolls back to the right. So with much hope we are going to try PT, if this does not help he will have to have a helmet evaluation at 6 months. They are hoping that before his soft spot closes that PT will help re shape his head and help him be able to turn his head to the left. If not our little guy may be wearing a helmet. Yet again another bump in the road. Another thing is due to his really harsh and rare infections that he has had to deal with, along with being 10 weeks early they are wanting to test him for an Immune Defectiancy Disorder. So the Immunologist called us on Friday and wants to see Gavin as soon as possible, so we are going down to the U of U on Wed. for tests. We look forward to the day that the Dr's tell us that there is nothing wrong with our boy, but until then we will pay any amount of money and give up whatever needs be for him, we are just grateful to have him. I know I say that alot but I LOVE my kids and they are worth anything.

Other news, my Dad and Step-mom arrived from Saudi Arabia on Tuesday night safely. He had to have back surgery to Thur and it went better than expected. He has been in alot of pain for along time so this surgery was much needed. My Dad is a VERY important person in my life and I can't image life with out him. Love you Dad and Deb, so glad your here and that the surgery went well.

3 comments:

Team Carter Jay said...

Oh My Gosh, these boys!! Carter LOVES to lay on his right side too, so we thought he might need a helmet but it's all good now. Hopefully Gavin will come through it too. Carter was also tested for that disorder, and it came back fine so I'm sure that Gavin's will too. Good luck!

Rhonda Marie and Henry G said...

I miss you and pray for your family all the time! Thank you for all of the updates. This is a great way to keep in touch. Give Gavin an extra little kiss from me. Remember to tell him I'm your favorite aunt:)

Unknown said...

so can i just say are you kidding me? Wow, you are the strongest person I know. We pray for baby Gavin every night. Good luck Rach. I think the Lord has major blessings in store for you.